The Shinobi World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for any ninja to live out there life in the way they choose.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» For all who still get on here.
Character App Locking Problems! EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm by Kei-Kun

» akatsuki founde/member
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm by inuyasha116

» Suna jounin
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am by Vergil yashou

» Vergil [Jashin]
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm by Vergil yashou

» Farewell Shinobi World I doth know ye well
Character App Locking Problems! EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:03 am by Kaira

» hey guys..........
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:21 pm by Natsirt

» Ack! Stay Active!
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm by Kei-Kun

» Just makin a char
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:07 am by Vergil yashou

» Sumiyaka clan (Done)
Character App Locking Problems! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am by Casey

Top posters
Vergil yashou (93)
Character App Locking Problems! I_vote_lcapCharacter App Locking Problems! I_voting_barCharacter App Locking Problems! I_vote_rcap 
Bright~Lightning (78)
Character App Locking Problems! I_vote_lcapCharacter App Locking Problems! I_voting_barCharacter App Locking Problems! I_vote_rcap 
Hontoosuru Kizuato (62)
inuyasha116 (50)
Kaira (43)
Kei-Kun (38)
~*NatSirT-TheTrueGod*~ (30)
Reconciled (25)
slyfox223 (24)
Jastrok (20)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Character App Locking Problems!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

Character App Locking Problems! Empty
PostSubject: Character App Locking Problems!   Character App Locking Problems! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

I've seen a serious problem with staff locking Character App threads after they've been accepted. When the member trains a new jutsu, they'll have to request a staff to add it. If they get a new weapon, they'll have to ask staff to add it. If they want to add something to personality or appearance after some key plot point that altered their character, they have to ask a staff member to do it for them or temporarily unlock their profile. Problem! It creates extra hassle for members and staff, and causes delays and annoyance. For example, recently I realized that I forgot to write on my character profile how many kunai, shuriken, and other such basic ninja tools Kizuato carries with him. Now I'm going to have to ask a staff member to modify it for me or unlock it temporarily while I fix it. Then they'll lock it again, and I'll have to ask again if anything at all on my character changes. This will be especially problematic for Genin, Chuunin, and other lower ranks that will be quickly and frequently learning new techniques.
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: Character App Locking Problems!   Character App Locking Problems! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:07 pm

i dont think it should be trained, because people can otherwise add minor things to attack without it being seen by anyone.
I do NOT think we should unlock it for everyone to edit without an admin/moderator locking/unlocking it.
Even though it takes more time and energy, it is for the best of the site if we keep them locked and open them only when someone asks for it.

like i fought someone before who said he had a thunder attack of S rank that was very powerfull (like chidori)
when he used it, i countered with an equal powered close combat attack.
But in secret, he edited the attack to say, "If it comes into contact with someone, they get paralyzed for 3 posts.
And ofc, the admins voted for the sannin wich they knew in RL and i died.
Then i quit the site and prayed for them all to burn in hell.

so that is what can happen.
Im not saying it will, im saying it can.

Last edited by Vergil yashou on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slyfox223

slyfox223

PostSubject: Re: Character App Locking Problems!   Character App Locking Problems! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 pm

agreed with Verg, if you can edit your character out of the blue then you could just add subtle things and although this means that Mod/Admins have no trust in the members (which they shouldn't) it works.
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: Character App Locking Problems!   Character App Locking Problems! EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Now that you've brought that to my attention, I guess you guys are right. We'll just have to ask for it to be temporarily unlocked before we mod. Kay, that wraps that up X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character App Locking Problems!   Character App Locking Problems! Empty

Back to top Go down

Character App Locking Problems!
Page 1 of 1