The Shinobi World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for any ninja to live out there life in the way they choose.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» For all who still get on here.
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm by Kei-Kun

» akatsuki founde/member
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm by inuyasha116

» Suna jounin
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am by Vergil yashou

» Vergil [Jashin]
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm by Vergil yashou

» Farewell Shinobi World I doth know ye well
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:03 am by Kaira

» hey guys..........
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:21 pm by Natsirt

» Ack! Stay Active!
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm by Kei-Kun

» Just makin a char
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:07 am by Vergil yashou

» Sumiyaka clan (Done)
The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am by Casey

Top posters
Vergil yashou (93)
The Night Patrol [Vergil] I_vote_lcapThe Night Patrol [Vergil] I_voting_barThe Night Patrol [Vergil] I_vote_rcap 
Bright~Lightning (78)
The Night Patrol [Vergil] I_vote_lcapThe Night Patrol [Vergil] I_voting_barThe Night Patrol [Vergil] I_vote_rcap 
Hontoosuru Kizuato (62)
inuyasha116 (50)
Kaira (43)
Kei-Kun (38)
~*NatSirT-TheTrueGod*~ (30)
Reconciled (25)
slyfox223 (24)
Jastrok (20)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Night Patrol [Vergil]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

The Night Patrol [Vergil] Empty
PostSubject: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

Chirp chirp . . . Chirp chirp . . . Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp . . . Chirp chirp . . . Chirp chirp . . . Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp. The crickets serenade progressed endlessly. Two, two, five . . . Two, two five. It was to this rhythm that the Tsuchikage walked atop the wall. Each step reverberated through the stones, renewing his knowledge of his own position. The chirps echoed out from either side, allowing Kizuato to stay in the center of the long path.

A sudden breeze tousled Kizuato's hair, and he stopped for a moment to enjoy the crisp feeling. He turned his head to gaze in the direction he knew was Iwagakure. But there was nothing. As always, Kizuato saw absolutely nothing. It was empty; neither dark nor light, neither here nor there. But what Kizuato did not see, he could certainly hear, smell, and feel. The sound of families closing their shutters in preparation for the night. The smell of the Doriku Steak House's excellent barbecue. The feeling of footsteps far down the wall as Jounin patrolled the village border.

It was all so familiar.

Nothing ever seemed to change in Iwagakure. As always, the clinking of a hammer tempering a steel blade could be heard from the smithy on the other side of the village. The same smells and sounds and feelings came from Iwagakure as always. Kizuato was certain that even the sights were the same; the only difference was that he could no longer see them. Kizuato sometimes missed the dull, earthy colors of Iwa. It had been so long, he could barely remember what brown was like, or gray, or any other color.

Turning around again, the Tsuchikage began once more to walk along the road, allowing the cricket's chirping to lead him. A few times, people would walk past him. Kizuato would sense them coming through the sound of their footsteps or the vibrations in the ground, and he would step a short distance to the side. "Greetings, Tsuchikage-sama." "Good afternoon, Kizukage." "How are you tonight, sir?" Occasionally, Kizuato would give a short, simple answer, but the questions and answers were all out of respect and loyalty, none of any real emotion or closeness. His people gave him due respect, and in return he gave them leadership and guidance. There was no friendship to be found in the relationship between the Tsuchikage and his village. He was their leader, not their friend.

At one point, the wall expanded slightly as Kizuato came upon a tower built into the mighty stone walls. He could tell because the wind was blocked, and his footsteps created echoes. But he didn't need those things; Kizuato knew the entire city by footstep alone. He went to the window of the tower and leaned out, gazing at the land before him despite the fact that it was invisible to his eyes. "Soon enough . . . Our border is out there . . . And soon enough it will stretch further. We'll engulf the smaller villages, and then Suna and Konoha in turn. Perhaps not in my lifetime, but I'll certainly take the first step," he stated ominously, clenching one gloved fist tightly.
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Once again, it was a late at night as vergil was laying in his bed.
Seeing his family surrounding him, he saw everyone laughing at him for a moment.
Then the faces suddenly looked at him and started crying and screaming in agony as they suddenly caught fire.
"You did this to us Vergil, you where too late"

"Gahh...., Another nightmare" Vergil mumbled while rudely waking up from a nightmare.
Getting up, he drank the last sip of milk from the pack standing next to his bed.
For a moment, Vergil was calm as he stared at the stars and the moon.
His hopes of falling asleep where quickly dealt with by the sound of the crickets outside.
A moment later, he was starting to wake up and thought to himself, "If i cant fall asleep, then i might aswell take a walk. Damn crickets".

Slowly walking down the stairs and the basement, he opened the frontdoor and walked outside into the mountains.
Leaping from rock to rock, he quickly made his way down to the village.
Jumping from the last rock onto a nearby roof, he slided down from a ledge and walked on the main street of iwagakure.
Since it was late, most fair people had allready gone to bed and some homeless people where seen sometimes.
"I think i am going to take a walk outside the village" he thought to himself while walking towards the gate.

Suddenly sensing another presence in the vacinity and hearing cracking sounds of rock as if someone was walking on it.
Noticing that the sounds came from above him, he channeled chakra to his feet and ran up the wall to get up there in a matter of seconds.
Hearing the door of the tower closing, he grabbed the handle and opened the door.
Seeing someone at the window staring outside, Vergil calmly slowly walked into the room and let the man know that he had arrived.
"Who are you, and why are you in here this late", he asked calm as he kept a close eye on the man.

Note: Vergil never personaly met the tsuchikage, so he doesnt know ya Razz
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm

((I thought of the tower as not having a door, since Kizuato entered it without opening a door. The only reason he even knew he was in the tower was because the wind lessened and he could hear the echoes of his footsteps.))

Kizuato's ears caught the rapid footsteps against the stone of the tower; how could he not? Although the individual steps were light, they were so quick and repetitive that he could feel the vibrations running through the tower, even through the soles of his shoes. The Tsuchikage reached into the leather kunai pouch strung to his belt and quickly pulled one of the knives about halfway out. The metal felt cool against his skin, even as a vein running along Kizuato's forearm pulsed in the anticipation of what was about to happen. Who would need to run up that wall so fast? Intruders, perhaps? Yet it's from the inside of the walls . . .

And then the questioning voice met Kizuato's ears. It seemed familiar, and the question was one he doubted an enemy would pose. Was this one of his ANBU or a Jounin? Wouldn't that person know his own Tsuchikage? Kizuato turned around, smiling slightly. "Plenty of Jounin and ANBU are patrolling this wall right now. They patrol it every hour of the day, even at 2 in the morning. How do you know that I'm not one of them? I could just be a Jounin on patrol. Like you." The Tsuchikage laughed lightly at his own conjecture.

By the slight breathing of this man, and the minor sound his heart made with each beat, Kizuato was sure he was of strong build. Probably taller than the Tsuchikage himself was, since Kizuato was only 6 feet tall, and possibly physically more powerful. But, despite the fact that he wasn't entirely certain of who this was, Kizuato knew the voice seemed familiar. Perhaps he had heard it sometime while walking through the village. Kizuato was certain he hadn't ever engaged this man in conversation, but the voice certainly wasn't completely foreign, and he never forgot a voice.

Walking slowly so as not to alarm the other man, Kizuato made his way to the other window. His footsteps were level and controlled, a necessity to walk in a straight line when you couldn't see where you were going and the crickets no longer guided your steps. Kizuato's grip remained tight on the kunai, in case this ninja should choose to attack him after all. He leaned for a moment outside the other window and inhaled deeply. While the other side had smelled richly of the stone, dust, gravel, and thick mud that made up most of their country, this window smelled like the food of their country and the thick smoke that the smithies produced.

Finally, Kizuato turned around to face the man who had spoken to him earlier. Or at least his body faced this man; his head was turned to face the wall behind him, his empty eyes staring endlessly beyond the wall and everything else. "A king may gaze upon his kingdom as he wishes. A lord may view his fief in any way that pleases him. A duke can walk through his county at any time he desires. Why should it be any different for a kage?" Kizuato asked, his voice retaining only a small modicum of the lightness of earlier.
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

"I am sure you are not just a jounin because of one simple thing. I have heard many villagers speal of their great kage, also saying that he was blind. I did my research when i came into this place" he said responding to the questions of the kage.
Wondering why he was so reluctant in telling him the straight truth, he didnt have to be a psychic to know that the man didnt trust him. Feeling thesame for the other man, he showed a sign of trust by removing his hand from his sword and decided to tell the man who he was.

"You may not have heard of me next to the reports from the hospital, but i am Vergil from the yashou clan. I was sure you might recognize the person who was made sannin after giving everything he had to protect the village. I was the one who protected the village alone with my two brothers. They died to return the favor of saving their life's when our bodies where captured under rubble from the burning estate. I killed every single person who tried to breach the weak security of the side when your forces where attacking sunagakure. I hope you might remember now" he said in a serious tone.

Hoping he would remember him, he decided to sit down in the window and have a discussion with the man about the village and the way they where doing things. "From what i have heard, you are planning another attack on the other villages. You and i both know that there currently is peace, though a very tense one. If we can keep it that way, it would be best for everyone in the shinobi world.

"Why do you want to wage war so badly if it is not necesary, its not even by means of retaliation". The area around the two become more and more tense as he fired more and more questions at the tsuchikage. Hoping he would answer him truthfully, Vergil decided to wait for the response of the tsuchikage.

Last edited by Vergil yashou on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Kizuato let the questions pass, one by one. He listened thoughtfully, completely ignorant of the gesture of peace Vergil had made, as he couldn't see the Sannin lift his hand from the hilt of his sword. Kizuato nodded his head every few seconds as Vergil spoke. Yes, he had heard of the man. Kizuato knew everything that went on in his village; he had to. He knew of the man that was promoted to Sannin; after all, it was Kizuato who had signed the forms that officially recognized Vergil as the high rank. Odd, though, that this was their first time actually meeting.

But the questions and the tone; it was something that few people in Iwagakure dared give to their Tsuchikage. Most people gave him respect, as he certainly had done quite a bit to deserve it. Taking a deep breath, Kizuato leaned out the window once more and inhaled deeply. The familiar, thick air of Iwagakure filled his lungs, and he had to stifle a cough. But he didn't hate this air; no, he loved it. It was familiar, it was that of his village.

Kizuato turned once more to face Vergil. A stout wind blew through the window, tousling his hair and shifting it to the side, revealing the wrinked, reddish scars that covered his forehead and upper cheeks. Kizuato's eyes were staring in the general direction of Vergil, but they had no focus, no real target. A milky blue film covered them.

"Your questions are aggressive. You should learn a bit of respect," Kizuato advised, his voice tense. "From what you've heard? Everyone in Iwagakure knows what is to come; you are not special. Every day you can see the shinobi of the village marching; every day the academy students are drilled hard so they can become full-fledged Genin. And everyday the peace between Iwagakure and the other shinobi villages grows more tense."

Kizuato began to pace now. He could sense Vergil's relatively location, and Kizuato walked slow circles around the Sannin. "You say maintaining peace is best. But every day the peace grows more difficult to preserve; shall I simply wait for it to snap, or should I take the initiative and lead the assault? The second would be best for Iwagakure; what's best for the rest of the shinobi world, I could care less." Kizuato's voice was stern and serious; his mouth was set in a flat, unreadable line. As usual, his empty eyes portrayed nothing.

"Suna and Konoha have become close allies. Iwagakure has no such allies. Kumo looms over us, the greatest threat. Konoha and Suna regard us as a rabid dog, something that must be kept in a cage. I refuse to have my village seen that way; we will expand beyond what we have now. We'll engulf the lesser forces, and then defeat the greater ones. Do you see now?" Kizuato finally concluded.

Last edited by Hontoosuru Kizuato on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 am

"I do know that you have done more then enough to earn your respect, but by all means, there is a reason why they see us as a rabid dog. It became clear to me aswell that the peace is not as sturdy as it once was, but one should constantly try to preserve peace, no matter the costs. And you do know that their accusation of a "Rabid dog" will become a fact if you choose to assault the villages".

Becoming a little anoyed by the man encircling him, he walked off and sat down in the window. The tsuchikage had alot of good points, but they where flawed and unneccecary.
Vergil had no personnal interest in war or fighting a war again. "I know you may have sacrificed alot to become a kage, and that you would do what is best for the village, but dont you think you are actually doing the opposite if you go to war now".

Having stopped for a moment to rethink his words, he pressed on and said "If you want to do what is best for the village, then you should prevent war at all costs. i mean, look at how many will die in this war. And what happens if you cannot win, what will happen to you if you cant win". He did not mean to disrespect the tsuchikage, but he as a sannin wanted to talk some sense into him, and to talk him out of reignited the flames of war.

"You and i know what it is like to lose something to the war. I lost both my brother who like me where not born here, and defended the village because we wanted to return the favor. All three of us returned that favor big time by protecting the line till the very end, and them giving their lives to protect a village wich saved us once. That is why i dont want another war, i dont want people to lose their loved ones, even if the eventual gain is peace. Because what is the worth of peace if you have no one to share it with".
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:41 am

Kizuato stopped walking for a moment when he heard Vergil stand and move to the window. With a sigh, the Tsuchikage strode across the room to the window opposite of Vergil and took his seat. He sighed and resigned himself to listening to the Sannin as he continued on for a few minutes. Kizuato was very patient, and his face was pointed directly at Veril as if he was watching the man, even though that would've been impossible. His ears picked up every little comment, every change in tone.

Despite the annoyance that was rapidly spreading through Kizuato's mind, his face stayed entirely plain and devoid of emotion, a perfect poker face. Finally, he shifted from leaning on his elbows and sat fully erect. He stared into the nothingness of his own darkness for quite a while, swallowing down the bit of rage that errupted in his stomach and caused a bit of bile to rise in his throat. He would think out his comment before saying it. Vergil raised good points; war was costly, and war was terrible. But war was also a solution. What was the alternative? A pathetic and meaningless existence.

"Do you not think . . . That I haven't thought about these things for quite some time myself?" Kizuato asked slowly as he shifted his weight a bit. "Perhaps a few months is not a great deal of time. But it is certainly more than enough; I know the horrors of war. All of Iwagakure does; what country has experienced more war than the Earth Country? What village, specifically, than this one?" Now standing on his feet, Kizuato walked until he was standing directly before a bare stone wall. He placed a hand on the cold, sleek rock that made up the perfectly structured tower. "What country has started more wars?"

Now turning to face the window he believed Vergil was still sitting in, Kizuato cleared his throat to continue. "War is costly. People die; but people die everyday, from many other reasons. Many reasons more pointless. Would it not be better for the soldier to die in battle, than to die as a farmer trampled by his own horse? What about the boy who could die serving his village, rather than be beaten to death by his drunkard father. Your argument of loss is pointless; people die everyday. It's an unstoppable part of life, and there's no bringing them back," Kizuato explained resolutely.

Now the rage began to build. A tinge of it entered the Tsuchikage's voice as he said, with surprising control and force, "I appreciate what you've done for Iwagakure. All of the village does; I appreciate your loss. But I can't stop a war for one man. The other villages view us as a rabid dog; such is not true. Iwagakure is a caged beast, a creature with enormous potential to shape this world, and yet its power is kept restrained. What better way is there to create peace than to unify the world. To achieve such a massive thing as peace, there must be losses." By the end, Kizuato's voice had simmered a bit, yet it was still clear that he was a bit annoyed.

Kizuato took a few steps closer to Vergil, his eyes cloudy and distant. His lips set in a deeper frown than before. "Do you know why they call this a 'tense' peace? Because our relationship with Konoha and Suna is line a strained wire. Every political movement of each village tugs on the wire or shifts it. Soon enough, it will snap, and the shinobi world will be plunged into war whether I initiate it or not. Iwagakure could be on the receiving end of war, then." Kizuato cleared his throat again, and his voice grew significantly more commanding. "I will not see a war fought on my homeland. Iwagakure shall be the attacking force; we shall seize the initiative, before another country does. Kumogakure has the opportunity available to it; should I sit here and wait for them to mobilize on such a chance? No."

The Tsuchikage turned away from Vergil now. In his mind, the conversation was done. The issue was concluded, and although his ideas had been questioned even in his own mind, he had come out with an even firmer belief in his ideas. Iwagakure must go to war. Kizuato made to leave the tower, but paused for a short moment so he could catch anything Vergil should say, if the Sannin would want to make a final comment.
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:56 am

"If a war is unavoidable, then i just have to do what i can to prevent more people from dying" he said calmly while closing his eyes.
"You have some good points, but initiating a war will not be a thing that i am a part of" he said while trowing himself down from the window.
Falling backwards out of the window, he came down on his feet and went into the rocks and canyons to put his thoughts back together.

"War is never the answer", he said to himself before dissapearing in the canyon.

[[exit]]
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:42 am

Kizuato sighed as he listened to Vergil's statement, yet he made no comment. Vergil clearly felt strongly on this; it wasn't something that the Tsuchikage would be able to change. Still, war would happen, whether Vergil desired it or not. "If a Sannin such as yourself wouldn't support your own village in a time of war, I certainly hope you don't intend to stay in Iwagakure," he stated, despite the fact that Vergil was out of earshot. "The greatest way to prevent more people from dying would be to end the war quickly; a prolonged war leads to a greater death toll. And the greatest way to ensure a short war is to take part in it." By then, Kizuato was simply murmuring to himself.

Finally, he stepped out of the tall stone archway and continued on his way along the wall. He should've turned in for the night, but he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. Too many thoughts were buzzing around the Tsuchikage's mind, and he wanted a few hours to process them. Once again, ANBU and Jounin greeted him as he walked along, but this time Kizuato gave no response at all.

[Exit.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night Patrol [Vergil]   The Night Patrol [Vergil] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Night Patrol [Vergil]
Page 1 of 1