The Shinobi World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for any ninja to live out there life in the way they choose.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» For all who still get on here.
rankings - posts.... EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm by Kei-Kun

» akatsuki founde/member
rankings - posts.... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm by inuyasha116

» Suna jounin
rankings - posts.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am by Vergil yashou

» Vergil [Jashin]
rankings - posts.... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm by Vergil yashou

» Farewell Shinobi World I doth know ye well
rankings - posts.... EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:03 am by Kaira

» hey guys..........
rankings - posts.... EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:21 pm by Natsirt

» Ack! Stay Active!
rankings - posts.... EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm by Kei-Kun

» Just makin a char
rankings - posts.... EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:07 am by Vergil yashou

» Sumiyaka clan (Done)
rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am by Casey

Top posters
Vergil yashou (93)
rankings - posts.... I_vote_lcaprankings - posts.... I_voting_barrankings - posts.... I_vote_rcap 
Bright~Lightning (78)
rankings - posts.... I_vote_lcaprankings - posts.... I_voting_barrankings - posts.... I_vote_rcap 
Hontoosuru Kizuato (62)
inuyasha116 (50)
Kaira (43)
Kei-Kun (38)
~*NatSirT-TheTrueGod*~ (30)
Reconciled (25)
slyfox223 (24)
Jastrok (20)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

rankings - posts....

Go down 
+5
Bright~Lightning
Kei-Kun
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Reconciled
Joutei
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joutei

rankings - posts.... Empty
PostSubject: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Well why are there some inexperienced people in such high ranks..and no one is sticking to their samples...
Heres an Example, the perfect one:

Kazekage enters Konoha.

I don't mean to pick on Kei/Saito as their cool people, however as a Sannin/Kage their post should be atleast 700 words on average....Not like less than 100 words give or take i didn't count...
Back to top Go down
Reconciled

Reconciled

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Well, I'd ask you not to stir the pot for it isn't like, at least on my end, am not trying. I would say that I'm not given enough to go on but that is just a cop-out. But thank you for your concern and I will try to work harder in the future to better improve my RPG-ing. After all, that is what this website is about Smile

Also I am not inexperienced as you are stating for I have been RPG-ing since my freshman year of high school. I will admit that I have had a lot of stress at school and I haven't really had the time to give my all to the site and my RPG's. This is something I know I have to reflect on as I work toward bettering the overall experience of this site.

Again, thank you for this concern and I'll be watching myself more often. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://theshinobiworld.rpg-board.net/forum.htm
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

It's true that even an experienced roleplayer can only write so much if the people he's roleplaying with don't supply him with much. I've been roleplaying for a good 4 or 5 years now, and I'd like to say that I'm extremely good at it. But even then, if I roleplay with someone who writes a single short paragraph each post, I can't make more than two or three, because I won't have as much to go off of. In general, roleplaying is a cooperative effort. To stay at a high level, everyone has to give it their all. I do think that Keitaro and the others who are roleplaying advanced characters do need to be very conscious of their roleplaying, though, and should try to give it their all.
Back to top Go down
Kei-Kun

Kei-Kun

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Yeah i am to use being genin's so i'ma try to do better
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 pm

First off, make sure you actually put spaces after your periods. Second, make sure your roleplaying is logical and makes sense. The Kazekage wouldn't wander off to another village just to get some sake, not if he's a good Kazekage, that is. It would be irresponsible. Plus, ninjas need a passport and a reason to enter a foreign village. They can't just wander wantonly into other villages! That's illegal and irresponsible, and would get the Kazekage in international trouble.
Back to top Go down
Bright~Lightning
Head-Admin
Bright~Lightning

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

I usually stick to my word counts, look in the Hokage Mountain topic, but this has made me more aware to write posts like that all the time. The post in that topic was 736 words long, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Vergil yashou
Site Contributor
Vergil yashou

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 am

My posts vary extremely much.
Some times i post 1 paragraph or a little more, other times i can post 500-1000 words per post.
It all comes down to the plot and tto what my opponent/other Rper supplies me with in their own posts.
So its a very tricky thing to discuss :S
Back to top Go down
Kei-Kun

Kei-Kun

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 am

I dont count my post as words i count them in lines i go for 13 to 20 lines when not lazy
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 am

I count paragraphs. Each paragraph is usually 4-6 sentences long, though often longer. My posts usually range from 4 to 12 paragraphs, depending on the topic and who I'm roleplaying with.
Back to top Go down
Kaira

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 pm

My post length really depend on the situation given to me and the content I'm given to work with, motivation helps too.
Back to top Go down
Cyan~kun
Konoha Sannin
Cyan~kun

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm just lazy. But if i want to i can post allot. Just give me something to work with ;p
Back to top Go down
slyfox223

slyfox223

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 pm

totally agree that some people here need to up their RP post length, me included. I like to post 400-600 words but every once and a while I don't and I feel that it drags down the RP.
Back to top Go down
Joutei

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 am

Sure but 1 paragraph is low some thing to post about are:
feeling/emotions-1 para possible
sense(vision, hearing, smells)-1/2 paras <-thats already 3 paras there
Actions-2+paras

All in all ive given at least 4 paras there every post at least. And if a starter post describe the surrounding area thats 2 paras there so 6 if a starting 4 if normal. And finally DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER!!! This adds up to 1-3 paras so 7-9 if starting and 4-7 if forgot to describe him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rankings - posts....   rankings - posts.... Empty

Back to top Go down

rankings - posts....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shinobi World :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: